Friday, December 04, 2009

Why won't the UPS man come see me?

He was in the parking lot, I was standing at the door like a kid looking in the window of a toy shop. Sending the UPS man the strongest vibes I could send. "Bring me my stuff!" I said in my mind hoping the telepathic waves to reach him. I watched him get in his truck, put on his seatbelt, pull the gear shift down to drive. Here he comes!!! I thought to myself as a huge smile spread across my face. Then I watched him drive right past my door. The smile turned to a frown. Why won't the UPS man come see me????

Oh well, I've got an order coming in on Tuesday according to the tracking. But I want the stuff that was backordered!!!

It's been slow today. Maybe 4 customers sales under a $100 so far, but I've still got 2 hours and 45 minutes left today so maybe someone will come in and suprise me.


I'm trying to get my class schedules set up. Looks like the majority on class suggestions was a beginners class and magic loop. I might try and do a beginners class before Christmas, but then again this month might just be too busy.


Have I said that this is the best job ever? As long as I can pay the rent and the shop bills and replenish my stock, I'm happy. I'll let the rest of the family worry about the household bills right now.

I meant to post this yesterday, but as I was typing, I had several customers come in and then I just didn't get back to writing.

Saturday, November 5th

I'm getting ready to head to town, got to run by Wal-Mart before I go to the shop. I forgot to pick up my blood pressure medicine yesterday, so I've got to take care of that first thing.

I'm expecting to be pretty busy today. I had several people tell me they were coming back on Saturday so I hope they really make it back in to see me. Even if they don't it gives me an excuse to finish knitting the 2nd Susie Hoodie. I've finally reached the hood part and this hoodie is actually going to fit her this time. Since I'm up to the neck she was able to try it on yesterday. It would be nice to get it finished today and then block it tonight and display it for a few days in the shop before I have to wrap it up for Christmas.

Time to head out, I'll talk to you all later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how it feels to have the UPS man just drive right on by! LOL

Question... the book that the hoodie that you are making or were working on when I was in the shop on Wednesday, I think it was, do you have it in the shop at all or know where I can get it? I loved that hoodie and would love to make one for ME!!!! :)


Angela