Sunday, March 26, 2006

Just Thinkin

Hi, my name is Teresa and I'm 42 years old. This blog will journal my long road to a healthy lifestyle.

In The Beginning
I began this journey with Nutrisystem on January 11, 2006. Wait let me back up because that isn't really the beginning.

Like I said, I'm 42 years old, mother of 2, David will be 20 on Easter Day and Chelsea will be 18 July 3rd. I've been divorced from their father since 1993. I dated a little for the first 3 years, but after having my heart broke once again I decided my children would always come first. So I haven't been on a date in 10 years. Now that the kids are pretty much on their own, I'm ready to start living for me again, the problem is I found myself almost 80 lbs overweight. If you gain 8lbs a year for 10 years you end up with a huge problem.

One night sitting in my room watching TV, I saw Zora talking about Nutrisystem. The next day I signed on to the website and decided it was time. I ordered the food and began my program on Wednesday. When I told my friends what I was doing, some were supportive, others acted like they didn't think I could or would really stick with the plan.

As of today, March 26th - I am down 23 lbs and 2 pant sizes.

I was able to finally convince my sister that this was the program for her also. She just placed her first order last Friday and I'm so excited for her. Her food will be here sometime this week and we will be able to really help each other out.


No comments: