Sunday, January 13, 2008

Almost finished


Here it is, this is the Interlaken blanket from Berroco. I used Berroco Comfort worsted weight yarn and size 9 needles. It's really been fun making this blanket. I just wanted to let you guys see it. I'm not quite finished but almost, I need to complete 2 more sections and weave in some ends and it will be complete.
I taught my son-in-law Brennan how to knit last night, he has alot of anxiety attacks and worries about everything. He won't take pills, he says he can't - it's all in his head, but he needs a way to relieve the stress and tenion that builds up on him. So I told him knitting was the best thing to help you relax. I got out a pair of size 13 bamboo needles and some yarn I got on sale for .99 cents and showed him how to cast on, once he had 20 stitches on the needle, I showed him how to knit. He's making a scarf, and doing very good on it, if I do say so myself. He was able to catch on very quickly.

No comments: