Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm back

Wow, alot has happened since I was here last. I've gained back all the weight I lost while on NS. I remodeled my house and I became a grandma. I know, I know, you think I'm too young to be a grandma. I'm really older than you think, I'm just aging gracefully! LOL!!! My grandbaby's name is Hayden Michael and he was born November 20th. He's 6 weeks old and very healthy. They've had a little trouble trying to get him on the right formula. Yes, he's on formula. His mommy really wanted to nurse him, but she just didn't produce enough milk, after 2 weeks she just didn't have anything to feed him. He is such a good and happy baby, and he is sooo loved.

So, It's a new year and I'm trying to lose this sickening weight that I've gained back. This time I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way. Portion control and calorie counting. That's right. I've joined a group called SparkPeople, if anyone is interested - check it out. It's free, they offer menu plans, articles to read, message boards, you can sign up with other groups and it's really motivational. Tomorrow will be my first weigh in.

Since, I'm back trying to lose weight, I've picked up the needles again. Right now I'm trying to finish a really cool blanket. It's a Berrocco pattern called interlaken and it's been really fun to knit so far, but now I'm getting antsy to finish it because I'm dying to start a new project with Rowan Kidsilk Mohair, it is a wrap that uses 9 different colors, absolutely gorgeous. We found a sale and were able to get some of the colors for $2.12 per skein, the other colors we had to pay $16.99 per skein - crazy, isn't it. I'm excited and I'll post pictures when I've finished my projects. Oh wait, I wanted to talk about a great find. Ozark Handspun yarn is beautiful and so fun to knit with. It's made by a guy in Missouri and the yarn shop in Tulsa finally got some in and I was able to get a few skeins before it sold out on the same day. It's $27.99 per skein but you can knit a great looking hat with only one skein and it only takes about 30 minutes to complete. Check it out.

No comments: