Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's coming along nicely




It's not a fast knit by any means, but it's coming along nicely. I wish I'd have been able to find some other colors, the picture is hard to tell but I have a pale blue and a pale lavendar side by side and they look like the same color and then I also have a deep red and a burnt orange side by side and they look like the same color too. I found the color swish so I'm adding it in my next square and I've got dewberry and drab on the way. I guess I should have waited until I had all my colors to start, but I just couldn't stand it any longer. I'm the type of knitter who can only have one project going at a time. I start feeling guilty about leaving a project and going to the next, kind of like I might hurt it's feelings. I know, I'm just weird like that. I'm the same way with reading books, I've got friends who will say "I'm reading this, and that, and I've just started on the next one, etc" I have to read one book at a time. Plus, with knitting I like to look at the pattern read through it, work a few rows and then just go. If I had 3 or 4 projects going at the same time, I'd have the patterns mixed up and my knit a mitered square in the front of a sweater. Hmmm, that give me an idea for a sweater, just take this pattern, some cool colors and viola! a retro 70's sweater. Maybe I'll make one for the baby.

No comments: