Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why do I have to work?

I'm tired of working. I just want to play with my yarn, buy more yarn, organize my yarn, knit my yarn and have fun. I think I might have been a cat in a previous life, lol.

One of these days, it may take me 10 years to make this idea come into fruition, but I'm going to open my own yarn shop. My idea is that I'll let my kids have my house, if they want it. I'm going to buy one of the old buildings downtown on main street, renovate it and have my yarn shop downstairs and turn the upstairs into an apartment. Then I can play with yarn all day long. My vision is a cute little shop with all types of yarn with all price ranges. (I won't carry Red Heart or Bernat because they can get that at Wal-Mart cheaper than I could carry it). I'll have a big round table in one room for people to sit around and knit, retro couch and chairs in another room, a tea pot with hot water at all times so people can help themselves to a cup of tea.

I may have to win the lottery to actually afford to buy one of the buildings, but that's my plan. What do you think about it? I can't tell you the name I have in mind because I don't want anyone using it before I get the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, found you through the Coloado Knitters group on Ravelry.

If you've got a business name in mind, you may want to take the steps now to trademark it, get the URL bought if it doesn't already exist, etc. now. I saw you mention that someone already had your username one Ravelry - it would be a shame when you achieve your dream of getting your store that someone already had your name.

My dream is to have an embroidery business. I've got the URL already and am looking into how I trademark the name. Just thought I'd throw that idea out to you.