Saturday, October 10, 2009

Business Decisions

Let's see, it's been a few weeks since my job ended and I've had a couple of interviews that were jokes. After the second interview I got to thinking about what I really want to do. Do I want to work for someone doing something that I probably wouldn't like or do I want to do something that I love? The answer was easy, I want to do something that I love and second to my family is knitting.

I started researching what it would take to open my own shop and if I can figure it all out and come up with the financing that's what I'm going to do. I've found a small place in a shopping center here in town and I've written my business plan. Tuesday, I'm going to a seminar at the Oklahoma Tax Commission to find out all about the taxes and licenses and permits.

If I can get this going it would be a dream come true. I've always wanted to have my own yarn shop. So I'll let you know if it happens and if you're ever in the area stop in and see me.

4 comments:

Lupie said...

This is a dream of mine as well.
Good luck!!!!!!

lara griffiths said...

wow- what a go getter! best of luck.

lunaticraft said...

Oh man, that's awesome! I hope to own my own shop one day too. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Love the fish sweater--cute little guy, too. Good luck with your shop venture!